Thursday, October 17, 2013

Create your own romance



Romance is beauty, it's art, it's music, it is the creative expression of the soul. I crave romance, with an appetite that can never be satisfied. Once I taste it, I only get hungry for more. Romance awakens my senses to the life in every moment, it is the ultimate feeling of my existence.

Our courtship was a delicious feast of the romantic. Oh how he listened to me. Gazed into my eyes over a candle lit dinner, he spoke excitedly of the future, he brought me flowers. He wrote me poetry. His romantic inclinations were a window into my own heart. Or so I thought. What I perceived to be a window was really a mirror. Showing me how much I needed romance. During this time of courtship he had the time and biological drive to swoon me off my feet. It was his goal to win my heart. I was his greatest focus, I had his full attention and it felt incredible. I wanted it to last forever. So I married him.

Then I noticed a shift. His focus included school and career, and soon there was a little one to provide for. His very own son. There was more to his life than finding ways to satisfy my longing for the romantic. But my longing for the romantic did not diminish, it intensified. Exponentially.



It was impossible for him to give me all I needed to be happy. I learned to feed my own hungry soul with the romantic. I took romance into my own hands. And I was satisfied! More than satisfied, I was thriving and  living a happy joyous marriage! I scrap-booked, I hung hearts from our ceiling, I decorated, I sang, I planned date nights, I took bubble baths, I went on long beautiful walks. And soon he was eager to join in the fun! It was not his obligation to romance me, I simply invited him into my world of romance where he became the guest of honor! I was already content, and joyful, anything Josh gave me in addition ran me over till I was overflowing with happiness. Every "I love you" every "You are so beautiful" every surprise bouquet of flowers, or walk along the pier, was the cherry on my Sunday. He was free to love me just as he chose, because I wasn't telling him I needed him to be more romantic. Or resenting him for not fulfilling my need for romance. And he loved me beautifully.

We are born to fly amid the skies of creative expression, and romance is the ultimate creative expression. It sings, it paints, it soaks in candle lit bubble baths, it dances, it bakes brownies, it designs, it is a fashionista, it composes magnificent sonnets, it kisses, it snuggles, it bonds, our heart beats, our lungs breathe, our eyes see, and our souls create romance.



When we spread our own wings and take flight among those clouds he will marvel at your grace and beauty in the sky. You can lift him from the drudgery and weight of the world, when you create the romance and invite him to join you, he will most readily respond. Now he is free from the impossible task of flying for you. He is free of your disappointment, he is free from not being enough. He is free from failing you. Now, anything he gives you is wind beneath your wings, always more than you could have dreamed of, he can never fail. When a man knows he cannot fail, watch him do the extraordinary! You have taken your happiness into your own hands, and now he is free to simply love you. 

Welcome to the glorious world, of true love.

These fabulous photos taken by EllCee Photography










No comments:

Post a Comment