Monday, October 14, 2013

Counting


















I don't count sheep lately.

I count late night nursings
And early morning burpings.

I count the monsters I scared away from my five year old's room
And the coins the tooth fairy left for his lost teeth.
I count ten little piggies and "one more bedtime story please..."

I count how fast we can get our shoes on before kindergarten starts.

I count loads of laundry and stacks of dishes
I count out change at the grocery store
And sometimes I count to ten
And take really deep breaths.

But most of all
I count my blessings.

A husband I can always count on,
And two little boys who call me mom.

You see, the way I figure it
everything adds up.

I see the sum of my life
In a million little moments
That seem so insignificant
But are actually the bits and pieces
That make sense of everything

Because at the end of the day
What counts most is always
And forever
Love.


This beautiful photo was taken by EllCee Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment