Thursday, August 30, 2012

Master Bedrooms Part 1 of 2



There are two very distinct ideas for the decor of master bedrooms, one idea is to create the room as a feminine reflection of her, the other is to meld the tastes of both partners to reflect the couple as a unit. I think both ideas are wonderful and it really depends on the personality of the clients. Trends right now are really in favor of creating a master bedroom incorporating the tastes of both people in a relationship. I do of course, have a preference (everyone does). As long as your spouse is in agreement with the plan, I really feel either approach can be implemented beautifully and successfully.

In my own home, I lean toward creating a master bedroom for her (me). So this entry will illustrate the merits of this approach. Later I will write an entry discussing the strengths of a melded master bedroom approach.

The personalities of my husband and myself really lend themselves to a master bedroom with a focus on the feminine. Josh simply loves to see me happy, and I felt very strongly that I wanted a master bedroom that truly reflected me and my idea of romance, so he handed me the reigns and said "Make it into something that turns you on." This works nicely for both of us.

The nature of romance requires a degree of invitation and surrender. By creating a room that is an extension of myself, my personality, my perception of romance, my creative expression, I am building a world I can invite my husband into. To me, this is the ballroom where we invite each other to dance. This room is such a reflection of me I feel completely comfortable and content here. In my eyes my master bedroom is the epitome of romance. And in Josh's high stress world of work, with all it's deployments, refits, deadlines, and long hours, coming home to a room that is soft and warm is always a welcome retreat. It's as if the bedroom is as eager to embrace him as his wife. And, because I am so completely happy with the space, he is happy!

Have a conversation with your spouse about the approach you feel would work best in your relationship.
The master suite is the most important room of the house and can potentially be one of the greatest sanctuaries and retreats in your marriage.

How have you found a way to create a master bedroom both you and your spouse love?

No comments:

Post a Comment