Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Harvard Kiss



Our kisses have become a language of their own, filled with the intricate complexities of profound expression. They have a nuance and cadence unique to the love that is ours. There is the  kiss goodbye each morning as Josh leaves for work, wishing me a good morning and a happy day. There are the quick playful kisses in the kitchen and the magnificent kisses in the bedroom. They all finish the message words alone could never completely convey.

We fell back onto the bed, he and I-staring up at the ceiling, dizzy with the news. It all felt so surreal, the letter he received in his inbox still singing in our ears, its first sentence repeating itself over and over in our heads,

"The answer is YES!"

"The answer is YES!"

"The answer is YES!"

I felt as though we'd just finished a marathon, and in a sense that's exactly what we'd done. We'd been racing toward the Harvard dream together for years now. All the preparing, dreaming, and studying, the interviews were behind us and then there was the waiting. The final 12 hours before we got word were exhausting. Wondering what our future held, and now, at last we knew.

He propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me, I could see the words peeking out through his eyes I could feel them forming in his throat, and then, he kissed me. And all those words which had been trying to surface found their way deep into my heart, I could feel them with every breath we shared, with every caress, with every meeting of our lips...

 "Thank you for believing in me" the kiss said "thank you, thank you!"

That kiss will be forever marked in my mind as the Harvard Kiss. A kiss that celebrated all the excitement of a dream come true.


Read more of our Harvard story here The Ten Day MBA

And check out my amazing photographer's website here

1 comment:

  1. Very very exciting! Such a big accomplishment for both of you. And I love how good you are at describing things :) Now, let the next marathon begin (actually attending school at Harvard!!!)

    ReplyDelete